Spray oil for frying
1 large clove of garlic crushed
1 large onion peeled finely chopped
1 1/2lb lean minced beef
2 tbsp tomato puree (1 sin)
1 14oz can of tomatoes
Approx 1/2 pint of chicken stock (chicken bovril)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp freshly chopped basil or 1/2tsp dried
1 tsp freshly chopped oregano or 1/2tsp dried
Freshly ground black pepper and salt
1. Spray frying pan with oil.
2. Add onion an dgarlic and fry until golden.
3. Add mince and fry until browned, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in tomato puree, tomatoes and stock.
5. Stir in remainder of ingredients with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
6. Lower heat and simmer gently for 20 mins stirring occasionally, adding more stock if sauce becomes dry.